Death. Illness. Loss. Poverty. Rejection. How can my dreams fly over these and take me somewhere where pain is only in the memories? I'm tired of fighting. I want to curl up in bed. I want to give in, sign the paperwork that says I'm disabled. Stop fighting it off. Stop trying to become something else. But I can't. I can't give in. I can't let go of my dreams and they won't let go of me. Failure I can handle. Pain I can handle. Regret though? Never.
Wednesday, 17 June 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thats a nice little snippet, Rebecca. It's very close to my current feelings as well, so maybe it has a little more impact. Nice though.
ReplyDeleteI believe this hits home to all of us. Right now I feel like I'm out of the loop so bare with me while I pull everything back together.
ReplyDeleteBrava. I'm not afraid of much...but regrets? *shiver* Maybe it's my age. The big 5-Oh approacheth.
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone. Brian, take your time. House moves are a nightmare. BTW, the banners at the bottom were too big for the page so I put the bios on the left. Just missing... hmmm... 2 boys I think!
ReplyDeleteMuch as we girls are happy to take all the credit, there's space for you two as well. Shall I just nab something off your blogs and link back or do you want to email something?
remember to make your bios about your work as a writer rather than as a blogger - it'll link through to your blog anyhow. I'm being a beast and trying to make you think about your own writing :)
ReplyDelete