Sunday, 21 June 2009

View from my Window...

This is what I'm looking at right now. Lovely, eh? Sometimes when I'm at home writing poetry or working on my WIP, or taking care of chores, kids or responsibilities, I think of the lake house just sitting and waiting for me to visit. Sadly, I've only gotten to come here about four times in the last two years...and it's less than an hour from home. We were entertaining friends from Scotland, so we came to enjoy the water and beauty of nature away from the city.

Even though I haven't escaped here often lately, it's nice just having this "happy place" to go to in my mind when I need escape or inspiration.

Where do you go physically and/or mentally to get out of your rut?

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful picture. Unfortunately, I do not currently have a place to go to get out of my rut. Well, now that I think about it, that's not completely true. When I'm riding my motorcycle, I'm able to think a bit more clearly sometimes and ideas seem to come easier there. So maybe that's my "happy place".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful view. I'm incredibly lucky - and I slap myself round the face with that thought every time I whine about money - to have a beautiful view over hills. It helps if you can just look out the window and feel inspired. If the view fails to do it for me I have a bath, light a few candles and read a writing magazine or just daydream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric, sounds fantastic. You can escape for just a few minutes whenever you want to!

    Easy access to natural beauty is a great gift and inspiration, Rebecca. Glad you have a yard full of it.

    ReplyDelete

Offer the writers some support on their WIPs. Cheerleaders and fans always welcome. Don't forget to pop over to our personal blogs when you finish here.