.jpg)
J Alfred Prufrock measured out his life in coffee spoons. I measure out my novels in coffee candles. Tomorrow I will light this candle. One or two candles later a novel will materialise. I bought the chap in the background when I was a teenager. His body is so strong but his posture is so vulnerable. I keep him in my writing space to remind me of the strength and vulnerability of my heroes when I write. It is a fortunate happenstance that the man I married looks just like him. :)

Isn't it interesting what motivates and inspires us?
ReplyDeleteFrom the photo caption contest I just ran at my Gumbo Writer blog, I crafted a found poem from entries. And that gave me the idea to host a new poetry contest. One thing leading to another always seems to work for me.
Now, where are the silent men of this blog? :)
I'm one of the silent men. I don't often get a chance to pop in on the weekends, since that is usually my time to unwind with the kids. Nice post here though Rebecca. It's an interesting idea, the different ways people measure out their time here.
ReplyDelete