Friday, 14 August 2009

Comfortably Numb Under a Shade Tree.

In keeping with the topic started by our very own Twitter celebrity I thought it would be nice to just reflect on...relaxing. How do you reflect on relaxing? Well, in the middle of the day or even the night when you are working on this or that or that and this it is always good to project yourself to a time or place that relaxes you. For example, a nice warm bubble bath is the thing for some of us. For me it is sitting on my newly built (yes, I built it too) deck that overlooks the mountains and captures the breeze under a nice shade tree.

It is amazing how the simple things are the most relaxing. Perhaps that is why so many are overlooked as we work on so many things throughout the day.

Are you surprised I did not say writing is relaxing? In a sense it is but I am learning that there are levels to relaxation. Writing is one level. It is that level where you don't really feel taxed and the frustration is at a minimum (most times). Then you have the next level where you find sitting on the deck of taking a bubble bath. This level of relaxation actually refreshes the soul. You can feel the tension and the stress being drawn from your body. At moments like this it is easy to feel comfortably numb.

It is fun to blog, tweet, venture on social networks, write, and do any number of untold projects but it is really important that we remember to stop and spend some time on that comfortably numb level of relaxation.

4 comments:

  1. I love that. I'll be back to read that again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW Email me across some words and I'll put them and your avatar up. I think you may have sent something a while back but I was up to ears with things and can't find it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. Comfortably numb is important. I intend to ooze into that zone some next week, after many days & nights of taking care of my mom. I don't talk about the caregiving aspect of my life because it is what it is, and it's an honor.

    Glad you have your shade tree and deck. Rebecca - you need to find something comparable for yourself! I have a little lake house I intend to run away to shortly and unplug. Hey, maybe I'll even work on my dusty WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca - I will send something over for you.

    Angie - Dusty WIP? Isn't that against the law? I think we need some pics of this lake house too.

    ReplyDelete

Offer the writers some support on their WIPs. Cheerleaders and fans always welcome. Don't forget to pop over to our personal blogs when you finish here.